Welcome to St Barts
The Angels at St Bartholomew's 22 June - 28 July 2013
For all the details of this exciting exhibition and other events in the Sydenham Arts Festival at the church, go to our Angels page.
We are a parish church in the Church of England, based in Sydenham, London. There are about 200 in the congregation and our worship combines all the main traditions of the Anglican Church.
We welcome all Christians and those enquiring into Christianity; communicant members of other churches are invited to take Communion with us.
We have services every day and two Eucharists on Sunday, at 8am and 10am.
We seek to be:
- an inclusive, family friendly place for the community
- where people can be in touch with the spiritual,
- offer worship to God
- and find new purpose in life.
- a place of prayer where all can feel at home
- a place of shelter where the lost can know themselves found
- a place of pilgrimage where we learn and grow on our journey together
- a place of support and challenge to the community
- a place to meet with God.
See our church events page for full details and notification of events coming up.
To hire the hall, go to our Contactspage to find our premises manager's details.
Our special services page lists services at St Bart's and at neighbouring churches, to which you are warmly invited.
New editor for Sydenham Life wanted
Our current editor is beginning ordination training in September so we are in need of a new person to take the helm of our parish magazine from August.
Please speak to Father Michael, the churchwardens or Cecile, the editor, if you would like to know more.